About the role…
The primary objective of this role is to elevate the quality of YouTube content produced by Zula. This involves overseeing content creation, ensuring it aligns with brand values, and implementing best practices for video production and storytelling.
You will also be expected to increase the following and traffic on Zula’s YouTube channel. This includes developing strategies to grow subscribers, engage the audience, and drive more views, likes, and shares.
In collaboration with the Publication Lead, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the core brand identity and content direction for Zula on YouTube. This entails maintaining a consistent voice, visual style, and messaging across all video content to reinforce the brand’s identity and engage the target audience effectively.
What will you do:
- Responsible for the direction of the video content on Zula’s channels, which includes calendar planning and reporting
- Take on mainly ideation, videography, and video-editing duties when required. You will spend most of your time creating YouTube and Facebook videos.
- To QC overall content for Zula’s YouTube channel and make sure uploads are up to standard
Workflow and resource management
- Make critical decisions regarding workflow processes to ensure the highest amount of productivity and efficiency. This includes reviewing current processes and being able to troubleshoot effectively with both local/regional teams.
- To build production budgets for both organic and client work, building out different production budgets for a range of different video executions
- Work professionally with clients to execute campaigns.
- Be able to efficiently manage resource allocation and work with freelancers where necessary
Team management and leadership
- Mentor, upskill and empower team leads and team members, identifying areas of training needed. This includes managing, motivating them, caring for their well-being, and increasing the standards and performance of the team.
- To work with relevant stakeholders and assist with administrative duties, i.e monthly reports with overall Publication Lead, statistics tracking and team meetings, liaising with sales or project management teams
The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum 2 year of experience in video producing
- Familiar with production processes
- Able to shoot and edit photos and videos
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Lightroom
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO and Social Media will be added advantages